Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Books

Have you ever realized, while reading a book you don't own, that you've already read it before? I had that experience this weekend, and so I've decided to keep track of the books that I'm reading, along with how I liked them. (I have to warn you that I read very quickly....DH always comments on it). So far, for fun in 2007, I've read:


The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory - This was good, but not as good as some of her other books...I was a little worried, because I gave it to my SMIL, but I think that she liked it.

The Innocent by Posie Graeme-Evans - Very good...first in a trilogy, and captured me instantly. Set in the time after the Yorks have taken over the English Throne.

The Exiled by Posie Graeme-Evans - Second book in the above series. Good, but not quite as good as the first.

The Uncrowned Queen by Posie Graeme-Evans - Final book in the above series. Quite good, and I really enjoyed reading them.

Through A Glass Darkly by Karleen Koen - This was the one I had read before. It was good, but very long, and somewhat disjointed. The author has since written a sequel, and oddly enough, a prequel, which at some point I'll find and read.

House Dreams by Hugh Howard - Interesting book...I read it on vacation because there wasn't much else to read. A man who doesn't have much construction background decides to design and build a house for his family. Interesting to read about all the construction.

Fly Me to the Moon by Alyson Noel - Light Chick Lit. Good beach read, and so-so story. But for reading on the beach, I don't always want something deep, so this worked.

I think there have been more, but I can't remember right now! Now it's off to do homework!

No comments: